[Coco] calling all MM/1 owners

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Thu Jan 24 23:18:34 EST 2008

Bob Devries wrote:
> Joel, as far as I know, the termination resistors have a power and a
> ground pin at opposite ends with a number of pairs of 220 and 330 ohm
> resistors strung between them. The centre point of these pairs is
> connected to the SCSI bus data/control lines. Yes, having them
> backwards would make some difference, but how much? Certainly it
> appears that it's not enough to stop the SCSI cold.

Sounds like you need to do some rework on your I/O board.  :-(  I'd
offer to send you some parts but it probably doesn't make sense to ship
to Australia from central Kansas.  (There ought to be some kind of
tornado-powered Oz to Oz express wormhole...)  I still have MM/1 I/O
board parts, though I have it in the back of my mind that the
terminators for the SCSI interface may have changed to a different
package between the board you have and the ones I was going to produce.
And I have a rail of unused DS1287As -- brand new in about 1994.

JCE