[Coco] MM/1 RTC RIP

Dave R in Illinois lazyhand at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 24 21:15:52 EST 2008

I forgot to add I dremeled 2 small slits on the side, like the 2nd photo on
the link you provided. The leads were then held by the eeprom/ic socket for
soldering them onto the rtc new contacts you just dremeled. They fit
perfectly with the 2 gaps on that side missing pins. I  then slightly bent
the 90 deg header pins, ½ way into the horizontal side of header pin, enough
to provide a nice fit. I then followed up by soldering them on and covering
the pins with JB Weld. I used an older style remote RTC battery, with the 2
wire lead, and used Velcro to attach it inside the case.

Dave

  _____