[Coco] Virtual Memory in OS-9

Ries, Rich (NY80) Rich.Ries at Honeywell.com
Wed Jan 23 11:59:14 EST 2008

>On 23 Jan 2008 at 13:47, Bob Devries wrote:
>
>> Willard said:
>> > My personal opinion is that the
>> > guy accidently uploaded the MS-DOS source he started with, not the
>> > finished port. :-(
>>
>> The source code of curses.c contains the following:
>>
>> /*-------------------------------------------------------*
>> * CURSES.C: Copyright (c) 1987, Allen I. Holub. *
>> * All rights reserved. *
>> *-------------------------------------------------------*
>> * *
>> * Adapted for OS9 from an article in DDJ 7/87. *
>> * R. Waggoner *
>> * *
>> *-------------------------------------------------------*
>>
>> If someone knows the whereabouts of Mr. Waggoner, maybe we can
consult
>> him?
>>

>and DDJ may refer to Dr Dobbs Journal. To bad their software archive
only
>goes back to 1988.
>
>james
>
>------------------------------

I do not know if this will help any, but Googling for Holub w/ curses
showed a form of curses by Larry Gensch. Part of the header is below:

/*
 *  Module	curses		(Hopefully) machine-independant curses
library.
 *  Author	larry gensch, ESQ
 *
 *  Note:   The inspiration for this module was an article by
 *	    Allen I. Holub in Dr. Dobbs Journal C Chest column.
 *	    Extensive modifications were made by larry gensch
 *	    to make the module conform to System V curses.
 :
 :
 */

In trying to get to koders.com for the URL, I ran into timeout troubles.
FWIW, here is the URL:
http://www.koders.com/c/fidA5F4EA663BA9236FA51022CBBF5C2C662BA77ACB.aspx
Note that the code is 1667 lines long.

--Rich