[Coco] Undefined bits, was:CoCo 3 MMU test for all

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Mon Jan 21 17:57:00 EST 2008

Roger Taylor <operator at coco3.com> wrote:

> Tim, there's no difference in manually doing a POKE 65441,0 at the
> prompt or letting LOADM do it.  It's exactly the same, but it's safer
> for LOADM to do since you are now away from BASIC and moving into the
> overtaken system that the game now controls.

There is a difference.

Since LOADM doesn't mask out the undefined bits during the read back
your whole program becomes undefined. I know that sounds harsh, but it's
the truth.

But essentially this is a support issue. If you're willing to support it
then by all means.

--
tim lindner
tlindner at macmess.org                                              Bright