[Coco] CoCo 3 MMU test for all

Mon Jan 21 05:11:19 EST 2008

On Jan 21, 2008, at 3:01 AM, Mark Marlette wrote:
> Or when dealing with hardware in general, or the MMU, use hex.
>
> The pros use hex, it goes without saying that of course we can
> convert. If I spoke decimal when talking technical I bet I would get
> laughed out of a few cubes, IMHO. ;)

I can't resist pointing out that the first "computers" used decimal,
not hex.  If you've ever taken a look at Babbage's Difference Engines,
you'll see that all the processing happens in base 10, albeit in a
mechanical rather than electronic fashion.  The basic algorithms for
doing calculations are essentially the same as in a digital circuit,
but you can actually watch things happen step-by-step as the cogs
slowly spin around.  It's pretty neat.

-- JP