[Coco] CoCo 3 MMU test for all

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sun Jan 20 21:30:06 EST 2008

On 20 Jan 2008 at 20:02, Roger Taylor wrote:

> You say $0-$f is for a 128k CoCo, so why are blocks 48-63 used within
> BASIC?   56-63 are stored in the TASK 0 64k map.

Roger

Blocks decimal 48 to 63 is the same as hex 30 to 3F. That will correspond to
the upper 128K of the Coco 3 memory map. Basic assumes all Coco3 are
128K and uses only the upper 128K of the 512K memory map. That is the
one issue I  have with the Basic ROM in the Coco 3. The one thing that
should have been done by Microware was the ability of the SECB to
acknowledge and use the entire 512K memory map.

james