[Coco] joystick plus real-time sound?

Charlie chazbeenhad at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 10 08:58:11 EST 2008

How can it be an "Arcade" game with no joystick control?
Sound is nice, no doubt, but a game is mostly about playing.
Thus a joystick would be the more important part.
Pulling off both the desired aound and aracde control would be the best of
course.

Charlie

"Roger Taylor" <operator at coco3.com> wrote in
message news:20080110011012.310287D114 at qs281.pair.com...
> At 06:23 PM 1/9/2008, you wrote:
> >Roger Taylor wrote:
> >
> >>Folks,
> >>If I'm not mistaken, there is no way on a CoCo to poll the joystick
> >>while doing real-time audio without introducing interference.  The
> >>same DAC is used to output the 6-bit sound and set the voltage for
> >>the joystick axis comparitors.
> >>When you set up the PIA to sample the joystick axis, I think a pop
> >>or click sound is introduced if the mode was in 6-bit sound
> >>mode.  Doing this frequently back and forth scares me with the thought.
:)