[Coco] Copying a data/binary file from disk to cassette

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sat Jan 5 00:46:00 EST 2008

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008, Robert Gault wrote:

> Tape does not provide a method for multiple origin saves or loads. The
> original EDTASM (a tape product) probably permitted multiple origins,
> but the CSAVEM does not.
>
> In short, it means there aren't good automatic methods for converting
> many disk programs to tape without significant user intervention.

Actually, I believe tape and disk are identical in this regard:  both permit the
(c)loadm'ing of files with multiple origins, but not the (c)savem'ing of
them.  As I recall, this capability of cloadm was not in Color Basic but was
added with Extended Basic.  (What would be the point of tape Edtasm allowing the
creation of multi-segment binaries if Basic couldn't load them with cloadm?)

Art