[Coco] CAS conversion on Mac OS (was [Color Computer] Happy New Years!)

Phil phil.salathe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 14:46:35 EST 2008

>Phil,
>
>If you would like a program that converts CAS files to AIFF files
>and vise-versa, I have one that I can send you.

Darren, I'd love a copy of your program, and would be grateful if you
could send it my way.  If I'm understanding correctly, this will
provide me with a good way to get files from my emulator to real
hardware, i.e. by saving files from DSK to CAS, converting the CAS to
an AIFF, and then playing back the AIFF from my laptop directly into
the Coco's cassette adapter, as it waits for a CLOAD.

Meanwhile, I had great results using CSAVE to turn my old programs
into WAVs and archive them, though I had a bit of a scare when one of
my disks suddenly threw up an IO error just as I was about to start!
Thankfully, it was just a loose contact.  I'm actually really
impressed with how many of my old disks and carts are, with a little
finesse, working quite nicely...

Best,
Phil