[Coco] [Color Computer] Happy New Years!

Phil phil.salathe at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 23:08:56 EST 2008

Tim wrote:

>  > Nice one!  One more question: is it possible to skip a step, and
>>  connect the audio lead on the Coco's cassette adapter directly to the
>>  1/8" miniplug input on my Powerbook, so that I can create a .wav
>>  directly from a CSAVE?
>
>Sure. You'll need audio recording software.

I'll probably use Audacity, since I've already got it installed and
quality isn't an issue (when it is, I've got Sound Designer II and a
nice soundcard on my G3).

>BTW: There is no reason to record 44.1 khz stero for this. 11.025 khz
>mono would be fine.

Interesting -- so the bandwidth of the Coco cassette data signal only
goes up to 5.5kHz or so?  I guess it stands to reason.

>Thanks for the kind words. Are you really using an old MacMESS or are
>you using a newer SDLMESS for Mac OS X?

I've still got an older copy on my G3 (which is running 8.6 and 9.2),
but on my PowerBook G4 we've got SDLMESS 0.111.  Looks like I've let
myself get way behind, since you're up to SDLMESS 0.121!

By the way, is there a maximum filesize limit with CSAVE?

Best,
Phil