[Coco] new games....

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Tue Jan 1 05:54:13 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 31, 2007 at 07:23:12AM -0800, Derek wrote:

> The Roguelike is one I have been interested in and I did some minor
> poking around to see how hard it would be to port some of the
> existing open source rogue like games that support tiles over to the
> coco or os-9. It turned out to be beyond my meager programming
> abilities.

Yeah, games like Angband and Nethack are huge.  On the other hand, I
wrote a roguelike game on the TRS-80 Model 100 (32K RAM, 32K ROM, 1.X
MHz 8085) in BASIC.  It doesn't have to be huge to be a fun game.

You could write your own roguelike game.  You'd learn a lot about
programming... ;-)  And if you wrote it in C, not only would you be
learning a fairly current language, but your game would be reasonably
portable!

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA