[Coco] Can anyone explain this?

john poco poco6809 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 28 23:07:07 EST 2008

Yea thats what I mean, I just picked up a tano dragon for only $105. I think there were only a few thousand of those made (in the US). The coco 1 without the bubble can't be that rare, Even in mint condition. > From: jps.subscriptions at gmail.com> To: coco at maltedmedia.com> Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 20:58:12 -0700> Subject: Re: [Coco] Can anyone explain this?> > On Feb 28, 2008, at 8:42 PM, john poco wrote:> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150219137168&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005> >> > This has GOT to be some kind of scam. Or an I missing something?> > There does seem to be a run on bidding for CoCo 1's over the past few > days. In this case, at least one of the bidders seems to be a general > collector of old computers. Dedicated collectors seem more willing to > run prices up if they want something now. Since no Extended BASIC > manual seems to be shown in the photos, I'm guessing this may just be > a plain Color BASIC machine, too.> > In contrast, last month I picked up a rare albino CoCo 1 in box and in > excellent condition. Complete set of manuals were in mint condition, > and it came with a collection of game paks complete with mint > manuals. The price? $31.> > By the way, has anyone ever seen a 3003B CoCo 1 with a serial number > greater than 10000? I'm curious as to how rare these beasts actually > are.> > J.P.> > --> Coco mailing list> Coco at maltedmedia.com> http://five.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/coco