[Coco] Marty is getting rid of his CoCo stuff

James Hrubik jimhrubik at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 27 11:43:13 EST 2008

I think it is going to be happening more frequently with the older
ones of us.  At least in Marty's case, the goods are being made
available in a fashion and not just being dumpstered as heirs clean
out the house...

Gotta think ahead here; sort of like making out a will...

On Feb 27, 2008, at Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 10:38 AM, Gene
Heskett wrote:

> On Wednesday 27 February 2008, Andrew wrote:
>> Art,
>>
>> This is sad to hear - hopefully among us we can get it all.
>
> I do too, his notebooks are like MasterCard, priceless.  The info
> therein
> should be sorted and collated and made into a book, a very thick one.
>
>> I wish he was located closer to LA than SF - I would personally
>> pick it
>> all up myself (well, if I could convince my wife, that is). I
>> don't have
>> the time or a reliable enough vehicle to get to SF.
>>
>> If Marty has the time, a list of what is available would be helpful.
>> More than the hardware is concerned, what software, specifically
>> stuff
>> he developed, etc - for Rainbow and otherwise - is more important.
>> There
>> might even be some custom hardware bits (if I remember Mr.
>> Goodmans role
>> during the Rainbow heydays - wasn't he like "Dr. CoCo" or something,
>> answering all kinds of hardware and software questions?).
>
> Yes.  Something like that.
>
>> Still sad to hear - I hope he keeps in touch with the list.
>>
>> -- Andrew L. Ayers
>>    Glendale, Arizona
>>
>> --

> Cheers, Gene
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> Forgive him, for he believes that the customs of his tribe are the
> laws
> of nature!
> 		-- G.B. Shaw

"In the time of Joseph McCarthyism, ..., I attempted
to explain each individual is wholly involved in the
democratic process, work at it or no.  The results of
the  process fall on the head of the public and he
who is recalcitrant or procrastinates in raising his
voice can blame no one but himself." -- Walt Kelly

“We have met the enemy and he is us”
-- Pogo / Walt Kelly, Earth Day 1970