[Coco] .CAS images and VCC

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Wed Feb 27 05:23:39 EST 2008

"Joe F" wrote:
> I'm working on getting VCC to support .CAS files and I'm running into a
> snag. I'm not sure how to ask this so I'm just going to ask.
> Does it seem there are a lot of non-working images floating around the net.
> I'm getting mixed results trying to load various files and I'm wondering if
> its me or just bad images.

As others have said, this is almost certainly due to lots of CAS files
not having full leaders - created when the existing emulators all trapped
calls to BITIN to feed data.

I work around this slightly in XRoar by inserting a sequence of fake
leader bytes each time the motor is switched on.  It works for quite a
few, but it's still not perfect.

..ciaran
--
Ciaran Anscomb, Perl/C Hacker
The JKL assassin droid enters.  Laser blasts.  You are dead.