[Coco] CoCo Fest Seminars

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Mon Feb 25 14:08:49 EST 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 01:42:16PM +1000, Bob Devries wrote:

> I believe that there were many articles in various magazines such as The
> Rainbow, which gave details of simple and not-so-simple projects for
> sensors and other hardware add-ons of various types for the Colour
> Computer. Perhaps it would be good to search these out, and make a list of
> them as a start for a possible seminar on this subject.

One problem with this suggestions is that many such problems will
depend on parts that are no longer readily available.  Of course,
many of us are reasonably prepared to track-down vintage parts.  But,
that may put many such projects just beyond the reach of practicality.

I have thought that it might be interesting to investigate some
current device made for use in robotics, r/c models, or other more
current geek hobby activities.  You might even include writing Nitros-9
drivers for such devices.

Of course (just like the TCP/IP stack) if I had time for this I would
have already done it... :-(  So, YMMV -- and I certainly do not want
to discourage anyone with my 'helpful' suggestions... :-)

John
--
John W. Linville
linville at tuxdriver.com