[Coco] CNET does a cracking open of a Coco 2

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 19:11:57 EST 2008

On Feb 12, 2008 3:06 PM, Jim Cox <jimcox at miba51.com> wrote:

> I'm getting a kick out of reading this thread because I work with a lot of
> young turks who think they know everything, and while they may know a lot
> about current technology, they certainly don't know much about the older
> stuff (and the same can be said about me with regards to systems prior to
> the CoCo)
>
> Keep up the ripping, I'm enjoying it :-)
>
> -Jim

Turns out the author replied to a comment I left on the TechRepublic site -
I had noted something about the 'soldered' keyboard ribbon and the 'DOA': he
admits that probably the 'gunk' made him think the thing was indeed
soldered, and within the reply he advanced they had tried the CoCo on a real
TV and nothing came up on the screen...

Anyway, perhaps the 'cracking-open' of vintage computing technology should
be left to those who 'digg it' in its truest form. :-)

I wonder how the crack-open of the C=64 is going to turn out...