[Coco] Legal status of Multivue and Basic09

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Wed Feb 6 02:20:33 EST 2008

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 09:15:39PM -0300, Diego Barizo wrote:
> I know that NitrOS-9 is GPL. What is the status of Multivue and Basic09?
> Has anybody been able to run GShell 1.26 in NitrOS-9 (Not OS-9)?

Yep.  Gshell 1.26 runs fine, both the rtsi version and the lastest,
greatest version from the NitrOS source tree.

Really, the core of the "Multivue" GUI is already in NitrOS -- windint
(now called CoWin).  The only major bit that you need from the
original Multivue disks is Control and its initialization file,
/dd/sys/env.file.  The rest is just fluff.

> What other updated versions are around? I know that at some point there
> was a "branch" and 2 different upgrade paths.

Yeah, there's also a Gshell 3.2 around.  I prefered 1.26 for some
subtle reason, I don't remember exactly why.  As far as I could tell,
there wasn't any real functional difference between them, just a
slightly different look-and-feel. Of course, taste in GUIs is very
personal and subjective.  YMMV.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA