[Coco] DLOAD (was: Re: Stupid Cassette Port Tricks, (was: Re: Coco and .WAV files))

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 23:45:12 EST 2008

  I found that higher port speeds for printing allowed more time to
formulate the next line to send to the printer.
A coco takes time to generate a line of text. Sending the stuff a character
at a time and then finally waiting for the CTS from the printer slowed it
down. So I would generate an entire line up to the CR/LF then send it as a
packet to the printer. High speed there did make a little difference. While
the printer was printing that line, I could use the coco to work on the next
line. Saved  some coco time doing it that way.