[Coco] leading to that CNC Coco machine (George Ramsower)

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Thu Feb 7 10:10:46 EST 2008

George,

All I can say so far is "wow!" - I can't wait to see it finished.

What are you using for steppers (maybe you have already noted this
before?), and what are you using for coupling (between the stepper and
the threaded rod), and what are you using for anti-backlash (or are you
using any anti-backlash system)?

I have a Harbor Freight Micro Mill that someday I plan on making CNC as
well. My biggest problem is getting the parts to turn it into such a
mill (it seems like littlemachineshop is always out of the size of
end-mill holder I need - 2MT 3/8" - unfortunately, it came with a
regular drill chuck - I don't understand why HF/Sieg does this, then
doesn't stock collets or anything else for mills), plus attendant costs,
etc. But one day I will get there.

I am glad to see the progress you are making - and I love the CoCo 3
re-pack! I am not sure how you got everything in there (that would be a
great thing to see in itself), but it is amazing you did!

-- Andrew L. Ayers