[Coco] [coco] OS-9 CRC check

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 17:48:36 EST 2008

 I don't know, but I thought the CRC check in OS-9 L2  would ensure that a module was okay to use. I feel that this may not be the case as this morning, I had a problem saving a file from Basic09. It just wouldn't stop trying to save it.  I let it try for several minutes. It would move the floppy drive's head back and forth and finally, I reset the CC3 and rebooted. Once done, using Basic09, I reloaded a backup of the stuff and saved it as I did the first time and it worked.

>From Basic09...

 Save* filename

 did not work

 Reboot, restart B09

 load filename.bu     << that's the backup
 save* filename

Worked. How is that?

George