[Coco] NitrOS9 driver for Tandy RS232 Pak?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Dec 29 10:55:09 EST 2008

On Monday 29 December 2008, Steven Hirsch wrote:
>On Mon, 29 Dec 2008, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Silly me..  I had forgotten that I had un-merged an older boot disk into
>> that tree because I wanted the descriptor for /t2.
>>
>> The other messages you got that said sc6551.dr are the correct drivers.
>> They are virtually identical, but renamed.
>
>After reviewing the chain of replies, I think I'm set.  Just one issue
>remains, though:
>
>Only one respondant mentioned the need to remove the EPROM from the Program
>Pak.  I'd rather not damage the label to extract the case screw unless
>absolutely necessary.  Can anyone confirm that removal of the internal
>EPROM is, in fact, a requirement under NitrOS9?
>
>Steve

Yes.  In fact I am amazed that it is still intact and in place.  It may
already have been removed.  IIRC, it contains some sort of a broken, never
was supported by anybody, autobooting vid-text terminal program.  IIRC that
is, please understand its been 2+ decades and many many such case openings
for mine.  Mine no longer has the little tin can power convertor either as it
smoked itself at least 15 years ago, so mine is rewired and must live in an
MPI for power purposes.  It also has the piggy backed kit which I use for a
serial mouse now.  Sweet.  I also used it for a 2nd midi port with ultimuse
for a while, but ultimuse never grew a recording function, so the mouse won.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)