[Coco] Converting DSK files

John Eric jet.pack at ymail.com
Sat Dec 27 20:13:00 EST 2008

I have been using the OmniFlop utility and have yet to have a disk my coco couldn't read. You have to select the double step option if your PC has a 1.2m floppy (or the obscure 720k 5.25 floppy), and single step if your pc has the 360k 5.25 floppy. If you are using a 1.2m floppy in the pc and a disk starts giving you trouble, a degausser to completely erase the thing usually fixes it to where an omniflop write can make it work on the coco again (this has to do with track width being half that of a 360k floppy and if the coco writes to the disk and then omniflop tries to write to it, it may then not be coco readable, so degauss and do again and it should work - i'm not too good at explaining this.. sorry. Perhaps others can clarify what I am trying to say) JE