[Coco] Possible CoCo Bulletin Board forum

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Dec 24 23:37:35 EST 2008

On Wednesday 24 December 2008, Chad H wrote:
>Hi, I get e-mails all the time on this list and enjoy hearing all the
>chatter still going on in the CoCo community.
>
>However, I find the mail box for this address is often filled with posts
>concerning topics which.frankly, I find little interest in.
>
>Even the topics I do find interesting tend to add up resulting in clutter in
>my mail box until I finally go in and delete old messages.
>

>I was wondering how others here manage their messages received from this
>mailing list.  I understand I don't have to get the messages in my mail box.
>
>I've found web pages where the same posts exist, but I'm not too fond of the
>organization of those pages.  Seem too tedious to find messages associated
>with specific topics and in the proper chronological order.  I thought
>wouldn't it be nice if we had our own bulletin board forum site where we
>could keep topics and posts easily grouped and categorized without
>cluttering up our personal email boxes.  I'm not saying do away with using
>this mailing list per say, I believe it has its uses, but I would enjoy
>being able to go to a CoCo forum and look at recent topics and click on a
>topic of interest of and see what's going on with it.  If such a CoCo forum
>exists already, especially a popular one, could someone please point it out
>to me?  If none exist I have a bulletin board system already in place where
>we could start one....if there is interest.

This is pretty much it for mailing lists for the coco.  And its one list I
don't expire regularly.  So my corpus of email from this list goes back to
Dec 2001, when I had to reinstall after a drive failure and wasn't able to
recover from the crappy tape system I was using for backups then.  Now I use
virtual tapes on a big hard drive, and that appears to be at least 100x more
dependable than DDS2 tapes ever were.

As for forums, logging into one of them is more trouble than its worth to me,
email is faster, often by days.