[Coco] CoCoNet is CoCo 3 ready

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Dec 22 08:18:45 EST 2008

At 02:08 AM 12/22/2008, you wrote:
>Roger Taylor schrieb:
>>type something like SAVEW
>>"HTTP://WWW.COCO3.COM/somescript.php","RESULTS.HTM" , for example
>>to grab a file from the web.
>
>Hmmm... guess I didn't catch the SAVEW/LOADW syntax. Why do I "grab"
>something from the web, if SAVEWing? I would expect SAVEW =
>"upload", LOADW = "download" (or "grap").

No uploading is supported yet.  I didn't use LOAD for the command
because no actual CoCo loading into RAM is being done.  SAVEW fetches
a page or file from the web and makes it available on one of your
virtual disks withins seconds or even quicker.  You choose the URL
and you choose the CoCo disk filename to save the output as.  You
then open the CoCo disk file and do whatever with it.

I suppose I can enhance the GET and PUT commands instead which makes
more sense, and leave SAVE/LOAD along since it would become confusing
without looking at some flowchart of what's actually happening.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com