[Coco] Retro computing and what's worth it...

Sean badfrog at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 23:44:48 EST 2008

There was an official Sony release that allowed a PS2 to run Linux.
However, according to this Wikipedia entry it might be hard to find.
Personally I never pursued it.  My PS2 was for games, and I had plenty
of PCs to run Linux on.  And since I liked the games, I didn't want to
risk breaking it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_for_PlayStation_2

Modding a PS2 to accept other OSs is a totally different animal.  I'd
just get the boy an old DOS box if you want him to learn how to use
command prompts.  Too much modding is required to get a game system to
do the same stuff as an old PC.