[Coco] Torn on getting rid of my cocos (was: torn on getting a coco...)

Paul E. Jones paulej at arid.us
Mon Dec 15 10:38:13 EST 2008

Ed,

I'm in just the opposite position.  I have two CoCo 3s, a DMP-105 printer,
multi-pack interface, two floppy disk drives in a single enclosure
(different drive models; not sure which controller, but they worked when I
tested them a few months ago), a few cartridges, sound card (forgot which
one -- made by Tandy), and a bunch of old floppy disks I have had since the
1980s, some books, Hot Coco magazines, etc.  But, I don't have a monitor; it
died in 1992 or so.

I suspect the computers, drives, and MPI work, as it has all been in my
office all these years.  Still, they're boxes up and I'm sure there has been
some corrosion (that a bit of rubbing alcohol would fix).  I have no means
of testing the printer, since it either has no ribbon or its dry -- I have
not touched it since 1992.

I really love the CoCo, but just don't use it.  And, I have no time.  If
there are others out there who'd like the whole lot and would be willing to
pay for the shipping, I'll give you what I have.

Paul