[Coco] Color computer these days... (double reply)

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Sat Dec 13 17:48:45 EST 2008

For the most part I agree about Solaris. I do have to admit that
I'm a solaris admin and make a living with it. I also have to admit
that I don't use it on any of my machines at home. Back in the late
'90s when Sun was going to drop x86 support I switched to linux on
all of my machines at home and never looked back. I did try opensolaris
on my laptop but it didn't work well. The networking (wired and wireless)
never really did initialize right. It would take about 4-5 power cycles
combined with an additional 7-9 reboots to get it to work and never seemed
to be worth the bother.

Frank