[Coco] Color computer these days...

Jim Hickle jlhickle at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 13:31:57 EST 2008

--- On Wed, 12/10/08, BookWorm <bookworm at cavenet.com> wrote:

> From: BookWorm <bookworm at cavenet.com>

> I thought about playing with linux on my ibm, then I found
> out there are 500
> different versions, probably all incompatible, and I've
> never seen any real
> software for linux. Even the linux version of <gag>
> arachne appears to be
> vaporware.
>
> I'll stick with NitrOS-9, with RSB & Multi-Vue. :)

I've tried a few distributions but got frustrated and went back to Slackware.  The others do a Windows-ish program "installation" that puts files who-knows-where and default to a pokey graphics interface.

There are two Linux boxes in our house: one only used for copying LP's and tapes to CD's and one for copying files from DOS disks to COCO disks.  Any real work gets done on a coco.