[Coco] CoCoNet status

Art Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sun Dec 7 17:38:13 EST 2008

The only reason to check if it's a CoCo 3 would be so that you know NOT to
switch it back to RAM mode if it's a CoCo 1/2.  Perhaps a better approach than
checking at initialization whether it's a CoCo 3 would be to have the calling
routine check whether you're currently in ROM mode or RAM mode, and have it
restore that on exit, which should work on any CoCo.  (That's what Ext. ADOS-3
actually does.  I have a subroutine that does the actual calling that takes the
address in the upper ROM as an argument and which performs the necessary
housekeeping chores necessary to restore the initial state on exit.)

Art