[Coco] CoCoNet status

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Dec 7 01:40:48 EST 2008

At 10:29 PM 12/6/2008, you wrote:

>Have you tested this with a CoCo 1?  Recent tests I've done have led
>me to the conclusion that the CoCo 1 hardware is not capable of
>transmitting 57600 bps through the bit banger port, although it can
>receive data at that speed. My guess is that the opamp used for the
>level translation to +/- 12 volts can't operate that fast.  You will
>probably have to lower the transmission speed or specify a CoCo 2 as
>the minimum requirement.
>
>Darren

115200 bps was just confirmed on the CoCo *2*.  I couldn't do this
with the tape version of CoCoNet because it runs in all-RAM mode on
the 2, which doesn't allow the 2mhz POKE to work.  Now in ROM, it works.

I surely hope the CoCo 1's don't have an issue like you said.  Giving
an old gray CoCo internet access is what I aim for.  I'm not sure if
I have enough space to put 38400 bps routines in, but if needed I'll
optimize the best I can and try to squeeze it in.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com