[Coco] Ultimaterm problems

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Mon Dec 29 09:11:19 EST 2008

Has anyone been able to receive more than 9 blocks of data in X-modem or
Y-modem with Ultimaterm?

I have two Ultimaterm programs one says version 4.0 the other 4.1,
although I'm not sure what if any difference there is. When receiving
data from Hyperterminal nul-modem, it is necessary to use X-modem on
Hyperterminal and Y-modem on Ultimaterm for the system to work.
Sending data from Ultimaterm to the PC works, but receiving on the Coco
always fails with files of 10 or more blocks. The system hangs at the
10th block.

There are no problems of any kind using OSterm under NitrOS-9 to receive
files from the PC.

There are no problems sending text by typing at either keyboard under
Basic or NitrOS-9 at 19200 baud with an RS-232 pak.

Are there any known problems with Ultimaterm? Is there a more recent
version of Ultimaterm? Is there a better program for Basic to receive
files, and don't mention Drivewire or CocoNet? :)