[Coco] Question re: C Compiler sources

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 12:09:25 EST 2008

Boisy,

I started hacking my way through a build of the C Compiler sources and am
running into one oddity.  There are a number of disassembled files for the
runtime library that have this type of situation at the end:

  bra   L01a6
L0197 ldd   8,s
L0199 pshs  d
  ldd   8,s
  pshs  d
  pshs  u
L01a1 lbsr  L0027
  leas  6,s
L01a6 puls  u,pc

L01a6 ends

The rma assembler is complaining about multiply-defined labels, which
would appear to be a correct assessment.  What's your sense about the
intended syntax?  I'm guessing that the second occurance of L01a6 is
bogus, but you are far more familiar with the lay of the land here.

FYI for anyone else who wants to dip in:  The provided Makefiles are
probably intended for use with an older or non-standard version of 'rma'.
For example, in the library subdirectory it tries to do this:

rma prof.a -o prof.r

which is not correct for the current version in toolshed.  By reading the
sources (couldn't find any documentation), it appears that this is
actually correct:

rma prof.a -O=prof.r

The Makefiles have other problems that I'll try to post about as I correct
them.

Steve