[Coco] Amazing!

Mike Pepe lamune at doki-doki.net
Sun Aug 31 00:00:35 EDT 2008

> Remind me to never, under any circumstances, set foot in NJ.  That
> place needs
> a plumb serious housecleaning with a "street sweeper", the one you
> can't
> muffle.  Didja ever hear of a ballot box?  Elect some folks who will
> fix
> that.  Or are they (the ballot boxes) as defective as the schmucks in
> office?
> No one in their right minds would ever vote someone into office that
> promised
> to make life hell like that.

You'd think that, Gene, but the reality is that the system there is so
corrupted and so many people are on the take that it really doesn't
matter who gets elected. For the most part though the "mayor for life"
concept is still fairly strong in the big cities.

Sometimes I miss NJ but Ward keeps reminding me why I fled. It makes the
"leaving NJ fee" seem worth every cent.

We're pretty far off topic though :)