[Coco] Okidata ML 172 on my coco

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Sat Aug 30 15:28:26 EDT 2008

The Oki may have some special graphics that other printers don't, but it should respond to the more or less standard Epson codes also. Nearly all printers emulated an Epson, won't hurt to try! Even the ProPrinter was a subset of Epson codes I think, maybe has a few extras of its own.

Oki still makes a pin printer, so does Epson and Panasonic. Have to have them for multi-part forms, but many places are going to just printing several copies of a page on a laser. See http://www.superwarehouse.com/9_Pin_Dot_Matrix_Printers/c2b/2526
That Microline 186 is probably close enough to your 172 that the codes are the same -- you should be able to find a manual for the 186 since it's current production.

Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 08:05:16 -0400
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>

--
Frank Swygert