[Coco] Amazing!

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat Aug 30 11:24:44 EDT 2008

My local pharmacist won't sell me the jars of potassium nitrate I used to purchase regularly when I was in junior high.  40-odd years later and somebody invents the damned TSA and anti-PATRIOT Act.

Yeah, there are a few horse farms around, even in North Jersey, so I could go gather and reduce the niter the old fashioned way (La Esposa would NOT like the smell).  But I'm getting old and the TSA is still watching.

I'm on the No-Fly list because of my politics, not because I made explosives back when I was a kid and it was legal.  Though there's a possible connection between my youthful activities and my older attitudes.  (Odd thing is, I never fired a rifle until years after I stopped making bombs, and I'd never use a bomb as a weapon -- bombs kill uninvolved bystanders and a rifle kills only who you're aiming at -- but the USAF wasn't awarding marksmanship ribbons when I qualified for one in Basic).

Two months until election day -- vote from the rooftops.

Oh yeah, I had a few beers before I went to bed and the sun in my eyes woke me up much too soon, so it's probably a good idea to ignore this message and any advice given.  La Esposa is down in Atlanta for the weekend so I guess I'll visit that horse farm down in Burlington and scrape crystals off of the stable walls.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

"What I know [about the art of the sword] boils down to this:  If you see a guy running at you with a sword, put two rounds in his chest to slow him down, then one into his brain to finish him off".  Aaron Allston, _Sidhe Devil_

From: Jim Hickle <jlhickle at yahoo.com>