[Coco] OT: Sooner or latter, MS is going to come after us, at least if we still use their BASIC....

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat Aug 30 10:58:43 EDT 2008

I think I can find some prior usage of the concept.  Just about every incarnation of the vi editor comes to mind and several versions were "mouse enabled" before 'doze 1.0 or for that matter QDOS.

It's important to remember that only one department at Microsoft keeps at the leading edge of their technology, and that's their legal department.  Since the legal department is still chipping flint, they don't know much about what's going on in the world that even retro-techies live in.  (They're still working to get that patent on anything round that rolls -- the "wheel" is just a trivial implementation).
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

"What I know [about the art of the sword] boils down to this:  If you see a guy running at you with a sword, put two rounds in his chest to slow him down, then one into his brain to finish him off".  Aaron Allston, _Sidhe Devil_

From: Diego Barizo <diegoba at adinet.com.uy>