[Coco] Setting up a BBS

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Tue Aug 26 03:20:40 EDT 2008

In a message dated 8/25/2008 8:31:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rod.barnhart at gmail.com writes:

>Ultimaterm has some default settings that make it downright ugly,  but
>I don't think that's Roy's adapter because everything else  is
>absolutely beautiful. The adapter was worth every cent I paid, and  I
>may eventually have Roy put me on the waiting list for a second  one
>myself (but not at the moment, Roy... I'll let ya know,  though...)

I mentioned in an earlier thread that the coco3 has
red and blue channels that are slightly out of phase with
the main pixel clock so you should avoid using those
colors as either the foreground or backround in pure form.

You can have blue or red mixed together or with green
but you cannot have pure blue or pure red as one of the
colors.   This only effects about 5% of the possible
color combinations in the high res text mode possible
on the coco3.  It doesn't effect the 32 or 40 col. text modes.
 And it doesn't effect graphics modes either.   The  reason
this doesn't show up on the old 15 khz monitors is that thier
lower bandwidth "soaks up" this distortion.

 If I were to
include filters to correct this it would drive the cost of
the converter up to the level of a commercial unit.
Cant have that  :)

Roy

deal here.