[Coco] Setting up a BBS

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 15:09:41 EDT 2008

Another quick update: it finally occurred to me to put the CoCo drive
in the PC and use DSKINI to transfer COBBS.DSK to a real CoCo floppy.
So I did, and then I reconnected it to the CoCo3, ran coterm.bas to
create coterm.bin. Then I ran loader.bas to modify coterm.bin for use
with the bitbanger. Finally, I ran startup.bas to fire up CoBBS. It
asked me for the date, day of week, and time, then died with an ?NE
ERROR IN LINE 190, and the CoCo is frozen solid. Somehow I don't think
that's what it was supposed to do ;)

A couple of possibilities: CoBBS won't run on a 3 (anyone know if it
will?), dskini borked the disk (This is a distinct possibility. I made
several copies. They all die in the same spot.), or I've managed to
get one of the versions of CoBBS mentioned on
http://software.bbsdocumentary.com that simply doesn't work.

I'm momentarily stalled again, but I'll run some tests under various
emulators to see if I can track down my latest problem...

--
Rod Barnhart