[Coco] Setting up a BBS

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Aug 24 11:57:39 EDT 2008

On Aug 24, 2008, at 10:32 AM, RJRTTY at aol.com wrote:
> At least I still have a  working drive, or I might have been stuck
> with
> ALLRAM  ;)

You know, it dawns on me we might be able to use this to our
advantage, and get some press for the CoCo Community. I expect just
having a retro 80's BBS online (on a CoCo, Commdore 64, etc.) might be
notable on some geek news site, but having something running off of a
CASSETTE might get more notice.

Perhaps as we get closer to CoCoFest 2009, we can see about getting
some press this way.

I have not had time to keep up with the CoCo List in awhile, but this
is a project I think could be fun (especially given the various other
things going on right now we'd like to tell the world about).

And I'd really like to see StG Net resurface. That was one slick set
of commands.
--
My Des Moines, Iowa flood photos/blog: http://web.mac.com/allenhuffman/Flood2008

Over 98,000 digital pics from Disney, Theme Parks, and Ren Fests!
Visit http://www.AtTheFaire.com or http://www.DisneyFans.com
(1980's Retro Computing: I want my CoCo 4! www.coco4.com)

Orlando (and other places) cheap luxury vacation offers - and I get
credit!
http://www.WestgateResorts.com/or/index.cfm?acct=9009895609&sales=8664429956&language=en