[Coco] joistick problem

Sat Aug 23 17:13:17 EDT 2008

On Aug 23, 2008, at 3:01 PM, Tim Fadden wrote:
> The joystick response was about 1 second behind the movement after
> my initial startup. After the machine has been on for about 24 hours
> the differenc is less than 1/2 second.
>
> Has anybody seen this? And if so, could you give me some trouble
> shooting pointers?

I know next to nothing about hardware, so will just pass along the
basic information from the CoCo 3 Service Manual:

Run the following program and check if the numbers vary with joystick
position or depressing fire button:
10 CLS
20 FOR J=0 TO 3
30 PRINT at J*16, JOYSTK(J)
40 NEXT J
50 GOTO 20

Check D8 through D11 and the components around them (e.g. C18, C19,
C22, C23).

-- JP