[Coco] RiBBS

Ron Bihler rbihler at msn.com
Sat Aug 16 21:00:04 EDT 2008

Ok,
So I have been sucked back into the Coco Community.  After doing some
research I can't beleive the following is as strong as it is.  Lot's of
passon and opionons make it very interesting.

So can someone update me, when I left the MM1 was being intoduced and only a
few of the first editions where being released.  Much of my interest is in
what happened to RiBBS, sorry to hear Warren Hrach has passed as he was such
a big help to me.  The best testing I even had.  Funny I can still here the
Phone calls, Ron ! you know that last update ! Not so good !  and then he
would detail what was wrong.  He didn't have programming backround, but he
was the best with the details.

I had passed all the code to a person in Canada for an MM1 port, all these
details are lost.  I did look at the coco about 8 years back, and the HD was
dead and many of the floppies I used had so many errors that they would not
work.  All my work was lost - in more way than one.

Anyway, how long did the MM1 continue?
Does anyone have RiBBS code, might try to see it again on Emulation?  Most
of the information was on Compuserve - how things have changed.
Can anyone recall the person involved with the MM1 doing the port - not sure
if it even was finished.  He was located in Canada.
How well does OS9 or Nitro9 what I gather the new update work under
emulation?

Anyway I am a bit older, might be smarter, but have way less time :)

Too bad the Hero 2000 was not a 6809 as that would make it more fun :)

Ron Bihler