[Coco] Verilog CoCo 3?

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Sat Aug 16 14:23:51 EDT 2008

I guess I just don't get it.  Everybody talks about gpl licences, and
making money etc.  The 6809 is a dead end.  I will continue to mess with
my coco, and enjoy it.  But be realistic!  Its a hobby, like collecting
old toasters!  Sure If I see some product, I could use. Like a rgb to
vga adapter, which I am waiting with much anticipation to get. I will
buy it. But somebody to think that they are going to produce some thing
to make a profit from is smoking something funny!  IMHO.  If someone
does make it big, hooray for them, but the chance is next to nill.  Why
is everybody so fired up about licencing some thing that at best 100
people would buy, and about half of them would only buy it to help out
the creator?  THIS IS A HOBBY we should be sharing freely.  If you want
to "protect" you code or make a bunch of money, you belong on some other
platform.  Any coco related  thing I have is shareable to any one in
need of it.  Not necessarily for horders.  Although I am a pack rat
myself! ha ha ha

Now, back to Team Fortress II to  on my 3.2 gig dual proc 8meg ram 5
terrabyte disk multimedia PC running Vista 64 bit.  Which by the way is
too complicated for one person to program anything of any marketability
by themselv's. But thats where the cash is.  I have written a few coco
utils that is are usefull though, like a print deamon written in
assembler, and a checkbook/finance program written for MV.  I learned a
bunch doing it, but it aint worth squat!

I have been away from the coco scene for quite some time, now I know why
I left....  unfortunately.

P.S.  By the way I am not affended, not mad, not leaving.  he he he Go
ahead and blast me, I got thick skin, and, I have lived with my self
long enough not to care much about what other people say. ha ha ha  I
have found that usually if something bugs ya it's because it's close to
the truth!  If it was wackers, it wouldn't bug ya!

Tim Fadden