[Coco] Rainbow, and Hot Coco Scans

Ries, Rich (NY80) Rich.Ries at Honeywell.com
Fri Aug 15 13:57:15 EDT 2008

My two scents:
 When we -- the lovers of the CoCo -- are gone, that will be it. Even if
there were youngsters flooding into the CoCo world, the parts to build
new ones are no longer available. And emulators will just not cut it,
except for a few nostalgia nuts.

  Second, I've realized that I was never interested in typing in
hundreds of lines of code. When I got my first 300-baud modem, it was
heaven. (Until I saw my phone bill! :D ) The one thing I really remember
was the artwork on the front cover of the Rainbows. Great work,
relevant, and usually brought a chuckle -- remember the one with the guy
all ready to watch a football game -- snacks and all -- looking quite
crestfallen as his wife is busily typing away on her CoCo, quite
oblivious to him?? Those covers were THE BEST!

--Rich