[Coco] RAINBOW scans

Ron VanScherpe rvanscherpe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 13:31:56 EDT 2008

Scanning in the magazines doesn't take as long as you might think.  It all
depends on the scanner you are using and if you are willing to 'sacrifice'
your issues for the cause, meaning get them unbound. I have done so and have
used the Fijitsu document scanner the Scansnap S510.  It has a 25 page
document feeder that scans both sides in a single pass.  It does 15ppm in
full color.  I've been able to scan a 300 page Rainbow in about 15 mins.
The quality is very good and the size is about 200MB.  Again, it doesn't
take long to scan these things in if you are willing to unbind the issues.

Ron.