[Coco] [Color Computer] [Color Computer Questions]

chargeron chargeron at cox.net
Fri Aug 15 13:14:12 EDT 2008

Does anyone have an estimate of how many Color Computers there are in use right now in the world?
1000?
4000?
Do landfills or has recycle places claimed more CoCos than exist today?
Is there an intelligent way to estimate how many might be enjoying the nostalgia?
Is the word "use" important?
Do you think there are more people enjoying the CoCo in emulation than actually firing up an actual CoCo???
I have a large collection of coco stuff.
Is there anyone who knows how many people have hoarded like me?
lol
Is Ebay any indication of what volume there still is out there?
Sometimes I think there is only maybe 200 people who at any one time actually do care for these machines enough to do something about saving them or preserving all the history (time) we put in these things.
I used my CoCos  hard and long ... I have a ton of memories recalled as I go through all these  floppies and read thoes lables. During the years we were using the Color Computer for our work and fun I always had the feeling we were on the cutting edge of technology....didn't you think so?
I think today when I use my pc there is no drive to innovate...like there used to be..because frankly...any program you can think of is usually out there waiting for you to download.
Where is the cutting edge now?

Remember voip? Calling someone for free on the computer...anywhere!!
that was cool then taken away for $$
1080i? or 1080p Video?
palm / blackberry stuff?
or going backward and using the CoCo to keep the flame?

Sorry for the stupid questions..I am old
Ron Delvaux