[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: RAINBOW scans

David Gacke dgacke at ektarion.com
Fri Aug 15 11:28:25 EDT 2008

Hi James,

I agree completely with your views about Donkey Kong.

I think it was an amazing thing Sockmaster did! It should be celebrated, and
if he would've charged for it, I would've paid. Regardless if he infringed
on Nintendo's trademarks.  We all know Nintendo would never make it, so it's
a great thing that someone did.

The only other software developer that is producing new things is Roger
Taylor, to my knowledge. I bought all of his products except one... (Mary
and the butterflies wasn't my cup of tea)

I've purchased a Super IDE from Cloud 9 as well a couple years back.
Needless to say, I try and support the CoCo community where I can.

But I draw the line when I feel like it's just some greedy old ticks trying
to get the last few drops of blood from the dead dog...

Now that I'm back on the subject of magazines, I'll go thru my old Hot
CoCo's etc to see what I actually have.  But alas, some of my Hot CoCos are
in really rough shape. Covers missing, etc.  I'll try and build a list
though and see what I have to contribute along those lines.

As far as Rainbow. I have all of them except some of the ones at the very
end, when the magazine size shrank back down, and I'm missing a few at the
very beginning as well.

Kind Regards,

Dave Gacke