[Coco] RAINBOW scans

Ron VanScherpe rvanscherpe at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 13:30:13 EDT 2008

I have personall purchased about 65 Rainbow issues and had them unbound at
Kinkos and have scanned them all in using a Fijitsu ScanSnap scanner.  It
took about 20 mins per issue to scan and the files were around 200MB each.

I had heard about the scanning project a few years ago and when I heard that
it was recently dropped due to Lonnie's death I quickly scrambled to
purchase issues.  I have requested on this list before that we somehow
contact the estate or the family and encourage them to proceed with this
project because it is important and they don't have to do any of the work
since the bulk of it is already done.  And the caveat of not having every
single issue before they can release it is ridiculous.  We need to be in
communication with the family.  We as a coco community are willing to pay
for it but if it dies by the waste side then more and more scans are going
to appear.  Let's encourage the Estate to continue with the project.

Ron.