[Coco] maps

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Aug 3 21:20:52 EDT 2008

At 10:02 AM 8/3/2008, you wrote:

>BTW. Al Gore never said he invented or helped invent the internet.
>I'm sure you said this in jest. Fair is fair...
>
>http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

The snopes report is wrong.  I heard with my own ears Al Gore saying
something to the extent of "in a way, I could be seen as the father
of the internet".  I heard and saw the man say this, in a debate, I
think, against GW Bush, the one where Gore left his podium and walked
towards Bush, and Bush turned around and acted like Gore was
threatening him.  I laughed so hard I almost fell off the couch.

Somebody behind Snopes took it upon themselves to write this report
that Gore NEVER made this claim.  Totally false.  Not that it matters
since everybody who reads the Snopes "truth" will believe it.  The
truth is, Gore claimed he "played a big part" in inventing the
internet and saw himself as possibly being the father of the
internet.  At the same time, Bush was Promising to bring broadband to
every home by the year 20XX.