[Coco] Clarifying my relationship with Cloud-9 and the SuperBoard

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Sat Aug 16 22:39:25 EDT 2008

Given the recent discussion and comments, I would like to clarify my
relationship with Cloud-9 and the SuperBoard project.  I did not
discuss this message with Mark Marlette, so he has had no influence on
its content.

For those of you who don't know, Mark Marlette is the sole proprietor
and owner of Cloud-9.  I own no interest in the company itself
whatsoever.  I do sell my software exclusively through Cloud-9, and do
have interest in the software side of some of the hardware products
that Mark has created.  The terms of those agreements are, and will
remain, confidential, but suffice it to say that Mark and I have
worked well together over the years, and have great mutual respect for
each other's abilities.  We talk every week (sometimes every day) and
are constantly in communication with customers to answer questions and
fulfill orders.

Believe it or not, Mark and I have had our disagreements over the
years, some quite heated.  Yet in all of that, we value our friendship
and work relationship, and always find a way to get beyond
disagreements.

One of the more recent discussions has been about the SuperBoard.  I
will not get into the details of our discourse, but be assured that we
have had different ideas on what to do about this product and where it
should go, or even if it should be cancelled. Mark's position is that
he will persevere and finish the product.  I have continued to
supported him, even going as far as developing drivers and software
for hardware that is spec'd out, but doesn't exist just yet.

Mark has a proven track record of completing projects and delivering
quality products to market; based upon that reputation, I believe he
will deliver the SuperBoard.  For those of you who think I am a jerk
or an ass for telling it like it is, then by all means, you can
refrain from buying my software products.  But don't punish Mark or
Cloud-9 by extension.

Regards,
Boisy G. Pitre
Email: boisy at boisypitre.com