[Coco] Would the last person to leave the list please turn off the lights?

Mike Pepe lamune at doki-doki.net
Sat Aug 16 21:07:39 EDT 2008

Seriously, in plain terms, WTF just went on here?

Let's just take a step back, a few breaths, and take another look.

First point: Rainbow magazines. What are they worth? I'm not sure what
the recycle place is giving for scrap paper by the pound, but quite
frankly to everyone in the world except a small handful that's about all
they are worth. Possibly for the caloric content if used in a fireplace
as well, but I don't recommend burning that sort of paper.

Certainly not worth the arguments that have ensued in my opinion.

Since Harwood has apparently left the list and run up to his room
without dinner, I think that cements my opinion that whatever agreement
he had in place, if it existed at all, was really botched from the
get-go, though I think in his defense that when he talked about
"reporting to Lonnie" it was to report his progress, not to "rat out"
people who were scanning & copying magazines, etc.

The terms of the agreement, as they were relayed, made no sense to me,
which was the main reason I wanted to see it myself. Particularly the "I
need to scan it myself" portion- why would Lonnie care where the content
came from? If everyone pitched in and scanned some magazines and sent
them in for processing, the whole thing would have taken far less
time...

Oh well, I should just drop it at this point. If he really has abandoned
the project and all the work that had already gone into is, so be it.
Some people live for drama I suppose.

Again, if anyone wants space to host archives of this content, I'm
offering. I really think Lonnie was the only one who cared about it
anyway, and he's been gone since 2006.